The following listing enumerates the major items of work included in the contract:
- Emergency Repair Work;
- Repair/Replacement Work of various sizes of Pipeline, Gate Valves, Butterfly Valves, Fire Hydrants, Fire Hydrant Leads, Fire Hydrant Control Valves, Multi-Stemmed Valves, Valve Casings, Valve Boxes, Fittings, Extra Fittings, Thrust Blocks, Harnessing and Appurtenances;
- Replacement of Water Service Lines and Lead Service Lines;
- Cleaning Water Mains (Various Sizes)
- Cleaning and Lining Water Mains (12 inch Diameter and Smaller); Including Water Bypass Pumping and Access Pits.
- Curb stop / Curb Stop Boxes, Meter Box and penetration through building wall and connection to first inside the building including up to 5’ feet of piping, installation of a shut-off valve and pressure reducing valve.
A Pre-Bid Conference will be conducted on May 11, 2106.
This project may be funded in part by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). A Fair Share Objective for Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises participation in this work of 32% and 6%, respectively, has been established. The program requirements are fully defined in USEPA’s “Participation by Disadvantaged Enterprises in Procurement under EPA Financial Assistant Agreements – May 27, 2008”.
Notice is hereby given that DC Water has determined that all bidders for the above referenced project must be a DC Water current pre-qualified contractor prior to submitting a bid on the project.
The Davis-Bacon wage determinations shall apply.
DC Water Owner Controlled Insurance Program will provide insurance.
Bid documents are available at the Department of Procurement, 5000 Overlook Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20032. Sets of Bidding Documents can be procured for a non-refundable $50.00 purchase price each, payable to DC Water. Payment must be in the form of a money order, certified check or a company check. Documents can be shipped to Bidders providing a Federal Express account number.
The DC Water Blue Plains Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant is a secured facility. Persons intending to pick-up Bidding Documents are to contact the Department of Procurement at 202-787-2020 for access authorization.
For procurement information contact DC Water Procurement Dept. via email; ProcurementConstructionInquiry@dcwater.com
For technical information contact: DETS-Construction.Bid.Inquiry@dcwater.com. Please insert the IFB No. in the Subject Line.
View DC Water’s website at www.dcwater.com. for current and up coming solicitations.
Addendum No.: 1 is issued. See attachment.
Addendum No.: 2 is issued. See attachment.