The District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DC Water) requests the submittal of Statement of Qualification (SOQ) for the St. Elizabeths East Campus Water Tower Aesthetic Mitigation under the proposed Agreement. DC Water is seeking creative aesthetic design solutions to mitigate the visual impacts of the 2-million gallon water tower under construction on the historic St. Elizabeths East Campus. The construction of the water tower itself, including water piping and associated infrastructure necessary for primary Tower functions, will be performed prior to implementation of the aesthetic mitigation, and is not included in this Project.
DC Water has identified the following as its specific Project goals:
- The Project’s concept design must be acceptable to various stakeholders such as CFA, DMPED, DC Office of Planning, HPRB, NCPC, and the local community groups. For reference purposes, a complete listing of all abbreviations used in Section 10.3 of the RFQ
- The aesthetic mitigation solution(s) may require, but are not limited to, the following elements
- Public artwork
- Structural and/or non-structural screening
- Decorative landscaping and/or community gardens
- Kids play areas and/or active recreation spaces
- Creative lighting
- Interpretive and/or interactive exhibits
- On/off site stormwater management
- Other creative solutions put forth by the Proposer
- The Project shall in no way adversely affect the function or structural integrity of the Tower or related functions.
- The implementation/construction of the aesthetic mitigation solution(s) shall be completed before Spring 2019.
- The estimated cost range for the aesthetic mitigation is between $2 million and $3 million, including construction costs, design fees and other soft costs.
The agreements resulting from this request for qualifications statements will be subject to a Fair Share Objective for Minority and Women Business Enterprises participation in this work of 28% and 4%, respectively. The program requirements are fully defined in the EPA’s Participation by Disadvantaged Enterprises in Procurement under EPA Financial Assistance Agreements, May 27, 2008.
Interested firms should contact Ms. Senail Manley by email at email@example.com to obtain a more detailed Request for Statements of Qualifications. Request must refer to DCFA #479-WSA. Firms are invited to attend a Pre-SOQ Submittal Meeting on Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 10:00 AM, at the DC Water Visitor Building, Conference Room. After the Pre-SOQ meeting, those interested will be transported to the project site for site visit. In the RSVP include the full name of attendee(s), company name, phone number, and email address. Space is limited to two (2) attendees per firm. RSVP to the A/E Coordinator, Ms. Senail Manley, by e-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Wednesday June 1,2016 at 12:00 PM.
Statement of Qualifications are due Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 2:00 PM EST.