The following listing enumerates the major items of work included in the contract:
- Install approximately 9,100 LF of CIPP in various sizes.
- Heavy clean approximately 2,800 LF of various pipe sizes.
- Complete chemical root treatment on approximately 1,700 LF of various size pipes.
- Abandon approximately 500 LF of sewer and 3 manholes.
- Complete manhole rehabilitation using various methods on approximately 50 manholes.
- Surface restoration as required for the above work.
- Bypass pumping as required for the above work.
- Maintenance of Traffic for the above work.
- Various other works as noted in the contract documents.
- Obtain all permits required by the Contract.
The project requires completion within three hundred sixty-five (365) consecutive calendar days.
This project is estimated to cost between $3.0 million and $4.5 million
DC Water will receive Bids until 2:00 p.m., local standard time on August 10, 2016.
A mandatory Pre-Bid Conference will be conducted at DC Water Visitor’s Center on July 26, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. The Pre-Bid Conference will also include a site visit until 1 p.m.
This project may be funded in part by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). A Fair Share Objective for Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises participation in this work of 32% and 6%, respectively, has been established. The program requirements are fully defined in USEPA’s “Participation by Disadvantaged Enterprises in Procurement under EPA Financial Assistant Agreements – May 27, 2008”.
The Davis-Bacon wage determinations shall apply.
DC Water Owner Controlled Insurance Program will provide insurance.
Bid documents are available at the Department of Procurement, 5000 Overlook Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20032. Sets of Bidding Documents can be procured for a non-refundable $50.00 purchase price each, payable to DC Water. Payment must be in the form of a money order, certified check or a company check. Documents can be shipped to Bidders providing a Federal Express account number.
The DC Water Blue Plains Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant is a secured facility. Persons intending to pick-up Bidding Documents are to contact the Department of Procurement at 202-787-2020 for access authorization.
For procurement information contact DC Water Procurement Dept. via email; ProcurementConstructionInquiry@dcwater.com
For technical information contact: DETS-Construction.Bid.Inquiry@dcwater.com. Please insert the IFB No. in the Subject Line.
View DC Water’s website at www.dcwater.com for current and up coming solicitations.
Addendum No.: 1 is issued. See attachment.
Addendum No.: 2 is issued. See attachment.