The following listing enumerates the major items of work included in the contract:
- Add destratification fan systems to the third floor of the Pumping Station. Interface to the fire alarm and building management systems.
- Provide interface ductwork to existing supply/exhaust ductwork to provide cooling ventilation to the West Elevator Equipment Room in the Pumping Station.
- Provide variable refrigerant cooling system to Room 214, the third floor of the Pumping Station and the Shops/Warehouse Meter Test Area. Interface to the building management system.
- Provide architectural, lighting, a clean agent fire suppression system and fire alarm improvements to Room 305 of the Pumping Station.
- Add multiple diffusers to improve return air flow in the Meter Shop and Warehouse Building.
- Add a clean agent fire suppression system to Room 214 of the Pumping Station.
- Add hardware and software modifications to the Building Management Systems to incorporate the variable refrigerant systems, fire suppression systems and destratification fan system.
- Add two work platforms to allow for access to HVAC apparatus on the third floor of the Pumping Station. Relocate utilities as required to accommodate.
- Replace fan belts in the Pumping Station west end, third floor exhaust fan.
- Furnish and install power distribution panels in the Pumping Station and add breakers to existing panels in the Pumping Station and the Shops/Warehouse Building for the variable refrigerant, destratification fan and Room 305 fire suppression systems.
A Pre-Bid Conference and Site Visit will be conducted on December 21, 2016. The Conference will begin at 1:00 pm and end at 3:00 pm in Room 204 of the Bryant Street Pumping Station located at 301 Bryant Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001. All attendees are required to make reservations for this Conference by submitting to “firstname.lastname@example.org” the name, title and firm name of the attendee(s) by 3:00 pm on December 19, 2016.
This project may be funded in part by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). A Fair Share Objective for Minority and Women Business Enterprises (M/WBEs) participation in this work of 32% and 6%, respectively, has been established. Participation by M/WBEs at the 32% and 6% level, respectively, is a contract goal. The contract requires bidders to conduct directed outreach to M/WBEs. The program requirements are fully defined in USEPA’s “Participation by Disadvantaged Enterprises in Procurement under EPA Financial Assistant Agreements – May 27, 2008.” Please be aware that program participation requires M/WBEs are made aware of contracting opportunities to the fullest extent practicable through dedicated outreach and recruitment activities. That is, bidders for DC Water construction contracts must make prescribed “good faith efforts” to ensure that M/WBEs receive a “fair share” of procurement opportunities funded by EPA. For further guidance, please refer to 40 C.F.R.§ 33.301, or contact DC Water Grants Coordinator Rhonda Green at 202-787-2276.
The Davis-Bacon wage determinations shall apply.
DC Water Owner Controlled Insurance Program shall apply.
Bid documents are available at the Department of Procurement, 5000 Overlook Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20032. Sets of Bidding Documents can be procured for a non-refundable $50 purchase price each, payable to DC Water. Payment must be in the form of a money order, certified check or a company check. Documents can be shipped to Bidders providing a Federal Express account number.
The DC Water Blue Plains Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant is a secured facility. Persons intending to pick-up Bidding Documents are to contact the Department of Procurement at 202-787-2020 for access authorization.
For procurement information contact DC Water Procurement Dept. via email; ProcurementConstructionInquiry@dcwater.com
For technical information contact: DETS-Construction.Bid.Inquiry@dcwater.com. Please insert the IFB No. in the Subject Line.
View DC Water’s website at www.dcwater.com. for current and up coming solicitations.
Addendum No. 1 is issued. See attachment.
Addendum No. 2 is issued. See attachment.