The following listing enumerates the major items of work included in the contract:
- Replace one (1) 48-inch flap gate in Sewer Structure 24B.
- Replace two (2) 72-inch sluice gates in Sewer Structure 24C.
- Replace existing manhole steps in Sewer Structure 24C.
- Electrical upgrades in Structure 24C.
- Remove two (2) sluice gates from Sewer Structure 35A.
- Install one (1) bulkhead in Sewer Structure 35A.
- Replace existing Sewer Structure 35A access plates with a concrete slab and manhole cover.
- Replace two (2) existing 24-inch manhole covers and frames at Sewer Structure 35A.
- Replace two (2) existing 40-inch manhole covers and frames at Sewer Structure 35A.
- Install two (2) stop logs in Sewer Structure 35B.
- Demolish existing weir in Sewer Structure 35B.
- Install one (1) flow splitting weir in Sewer Structure 35B.
- Install two (2) access doors at Sewer Structure 35B.
- Associated paving, sidewalk, and concrete repairs.
A Pre-Bid Conference will be conducted on October 16, 2017. The Conference will begin at 10:00 a.m. and end at 11:00 a.m. in the Conference Room at DC Water’s Blue Plains Visitor Center located at 5000 Overlook Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20032. All attendees are required to make reservations for this Conference by submitting to email@example.com the name, title and firm name of the attendee(s), by 3:00 p.m. on October 13, 2017.
This project may be funded in part by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). A Fair Share Objective for Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (M/WBEs) participation in this work of 32% and 6%, respectively, has been established. Participation by M/WBEs at the 32% and 6% level, respectively, is a contract goal. The contract requires bidders to conduct directed outreach to M/WBEs. The program requirements are fully defined in USEPA’s “Participation by Disadvantaged Enterprises in Procurement under EPA Financial Assistant Agreements – May 27, 2008.” Please be aware that program participation requires M/WBEs are made aware of contracting opportunities to the fullest extent practicable through dedicated outreach and recruitment activities. That is, bidders for DC Water construction contracts must make prescribed “good faith efforts” to ensure that M/WBEs receive a “fair share” of procurement opportunities funded by EPA. For further guidance, please refer to 40 C.F.R. § 33.301, or contact DC Water Grants Coordinator Rhonda Green at 202-787-2276.
The Davis-Bacon wage determinations shall apply.
Bid documents are available at the Department of Procurement, 5000 Overlook Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20032. Sets of Bidding Documents can be procured for a non-refundable $50.00 purchase price each, payable to DC Water. Payment must be in the form of a money order, certified check or a company check. Documents can be shipped to Bidders providing a Federal Express account number.
The DC Water Blue Plains Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant is a secured facility. Persons intending to pick-up Bidding Documents are to contact the Department of Procurement at 202-787-2020 for access authorization.
For procurement information contact DC Water Procurement Dept. via email; ProcurementConstructionInquiry@dcwater.com
For technical information contact: DETS-Construction.Bid.Inquiry@dcwater.com. Please insert the IFB No. in the Subject Line.
View DC Water’s website at www.dcwater.com. for current and up coming solicitations.
Addendum No.: 1 is issued. See attachment.
Addendum No.: 2 is issued. See attachment.