05/22/2020 - ADDENDUM 02 is hereby issued. See Attached Addendum 02 files below.
05/12/2020 - ADDENDUM 01 is hereby issued. See Attached Addendum 01 files below.
DC Water is soliciting proposals for Proposal No.200020: Emergency Sewer Main IR&R Contract for FY21-FY23.
This project is an indefinite delivery and indefinite quantity (IDIQ) single award Contract. The work includes emergency sewer main infrastructure repair and replacement at various location citywide.
The followings are major scope of work included in the Contract but not limited to:
Emergency repair work;
Repair/Replacement work of various sizes of pressurized and gravity sewers, combined and stormwater drainage systems including limited amount of water mains. Materials include but are not limited to reinforced concrete pipe (RCP), polyvinyl chloride pipe (PVC), ductile iron pipe (DIP) and cast iron pipe (CIP);
Items include point repair, trench excavation and backfill, borrow trench backfill, trench undercut excavation, test pits, temporary asphalt, geotextiles, topsoil and seeding of nonpaved surface areas;
Reconstruction of existing sewers (CIPP) via the cleaning and lining process including sewer bypass pumping; Ultraviolet cured-in-place sewer lining; Shotcrete lining for sewer rehabilitation; Light and heavy cleaning of sewer lines; Sewer and stormwater main CCTV inspection; Sewer and stormwater manhole rehabilitation; Chemical root treatment and grout injection of sewers;
Adjustments of drainage structures including frame and cover; Sewer utility service connections and cleanouts to residential and commercial building
1. The project requires completion within 1095 consecutive calendar days.
2. This project is estimated to cost between $15,000,000 and $20,000,000.
3. DC Water Point of Contact (POC):
a. All inquiries, questions, communications (verbal or written), and Request for Information (RFIs) regarding this RFP shall be submitted via email only to DC Water POC as stated below:
4. The “Proposal” shall be submitted by email to the POC by 5:00 pm, local standard time on Proposals Due Date.
5. No calls, correspondence, contacts, or any forms of communications shall be made to anyone other than this DC Water POC about this RFP. Any violation of this communication policy, regardless of severity, may result in the immediate elimination from consideration at the sole discretion of DC Water. The anticipated RFP Timeline are as follow:
RFP Advertisement: April 12th, 2020
Pre-Proposal Conference: April 29th, 2020
Deadline to Submit Questions: May 17th, 2020
Proposals Due Date: June 03, 2020
Selection Notification: July 2020
Contract Award/Execution: September 2020
Notice to Proceed (NTP): Within 30 days of Contract Award/Execution
6. Pre-Proposal Conference: April 29, 2020
a. A Non-Mandatory Pre-Proposal Conference call will be conducted on April 29, 2020. The conference will be conducted remotely by teleconference that will begin at 11:00 a.m. and end at 12:00 p.m. All attendees are required to make reservations for this teleconference by submitting to DC Water Point of Contact with the name, title and email address (s), by 3:00 p.m. on April 27, 2020. All attendees who make reservations will be provided a conference call number and ID and link to Microsoft Teams to access the conference through. It is suggested that Proposers view the teleconference on a sufficiently size monitor to ensure legibility of information presented.
7. Pre-Proposal Questions:
a. If the Proposer is in doubt as to the true meaning of any part of the specifications or other contents in the RFP document, or finds discrepancies or omissions in the specifications, Proposers may submit to DC Water POC a written question via email by the deadline specified in this RFP for an interpretation or correction. Proposer is responsible for prompt delivery of any requests. DC Water shall respond to all timely questions and comments that are properly submitted and deemed relevant and substantive in nature.
b. All questions and answers will be compiled and shared with all interested Proposers by posting them on DC Water’s vendor portal (and emailed directly to those Proposers who responded with Intent to Respond). NO ORAL RFIs OR COMMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR CONSIDERATION. Written responses to such requests and comments, if warranted and as time allows in the sole opinion of DC Water will be issued to all firms known by DC Water to have received the RFP.
c. Only responses to questions published on the DC Water Vendor Portal as part of the addenda will be considered binding.
d. DC Water will only answer the questions directly relevant to the RFP, at the sole determination of DC Water.
8. Failure of a Proposers to raise an issue or concern regarding any part of the RFP process shall preclude consideration by DC Water of that issue or concern after the due date of submission of Proposal, unless DC Water determines, at its sole discretion, to do otherwise.
9. Davis-Bacon wage determinations and M/WBE requirements shall apply. Insurance will be provided by DC Water through its Rolling Owner Controlled Insurance Program.
10. No paper copies of the Request for Proposal Documents will be issued by DC Water. Copies of the Proposal Documents in electronic format can be obtained by emailing a request for Proposal Documents to the DC Water Procurement Department at ProcurementConstructionInquiry@dcwater.com. Include the following information in the email.
11. Title the email in the subject line “RFP 200020 Emergency Sewer Main IR&R Contract”
Point of Contact.
Contact Email Address.
Contact Phone Number.
Upon receiving this information, DC Water will provide directions on how to download the Proposal Documents. View DC Water’s website at https://vendor.dcwater.com/ for current and upcoming solicitations.