RFP solicitation for #170190 - Soapstone Valley Park Sewer Rehabilitation, for Department of Engineering and Technical Services has been posted on DC Water new vendor portal.
Please follow below link to view the high-level synopsis of solicitation:
You must be registered in our New Vendor Portal to open and respond to the solicitation. Please visit below links for more information on vendor registration and viewing of bid documents.
Mandatory Pre-bid Event Details:
Event Date: December 17,2020
Event Time: 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Event Location: via Conference, Microsoft Teams® Meeting
Conference Call Details: DC water POC will email the conference call details upon request
Mandatory Pre-bid Walk through Details, Please send the request to DC Water POC by December 16,2020, Wednesday for pre-bid walk through.
Event Date: December 18,2020
Event Time: 10:00 am
Event Location: TBD
DC Water Point of contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sewer manhole and structure assessment inspection, and rehabilitation of existing manholes
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) assessment inspection of and installation of Cure-in-Place Pipe (CIPP)
- Installation of asset protection features and structures
- Partial demolition and repair to 62-inch by 84-inch arched concrete MS4 outfall F-117
- Milling and paving of 1,080 square yards of Audubon Terrace NW.
- Replacement of a triple catch basin and approximately 80 feet of sidewalk and 35 feet of utter on Ablemarle Street NW.
- Provision of the following work and services to support the above listed work and pipeline rehabilitation:
- Maintenance of traffic
- Installation, operation, maintenance, and removal of sewer bypass pumping system(s) to maintain sewer system operation throughout manhole and pipeline inspection and rehabilitation activities
- Removal of existing 245 trees and planting of 270 tress within Soapstone Valley Park.
- Installation and removal of heavy equipment access paths within Soapstone Valley Park.
- Installation, inspection and maintenance of erosion and sediment control measures.
- Installation, operation, maintenance, and removal of temporary stream diversion measures to perform work in around Soapstone Creek.
- Year-long maintenance of planted trees.
Estimated Contract cost: $8,000,000 - $9,000,000
Estimated Contract term: This project requires completion within 2 years (733 days).
This project may be funded in part by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). A Fair Share
Objective for Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (M/WBEs) participation in this work of 32% and 6%, respectively, has been established. Participation by M/WBEs at the 32% and 6% level, respectively, is a contract goal. The contract requires bidders to conduct directed outreach to M/WBEs. The program requirements are fully defined in USEPA’s “Participation by Disadvantaged Enterprises in Procurement under EPA Financial Assistant Agreements – May 27, 2008.” Please be aware that program participation requires M/WBEs are made aware of contracting opportunities to the fullest extent practicable through dedicated outreach and recruitment activities. That is, bidders for DC Water construction contracts must make prescribed “good faith efforts” to ensure that M/WBEs receive a “fair share” of procurement opportunities funded by EPA. For further guidance, please refer to 40 C.F.R.§
33.301, or contact DC Water Grants Coordinator Rhonda Green at 202-787-2276.
The Davis-Bacon wage determinations shall apply.
DC Water Owner Controlled Insurance Program will provide insurance.