This outreach event is to announce an upcoming project to be advertised as POTOMAC RIVER TUNNEL – CONTRACT A, ADVANCED UTILITY CONSTRUCTION. The Solicitation Documents are anticipated to be posted in late December 2020 to mid-January 2021. The second round of the solicitation is anticipated to be posted in mid to late February 2021 to the shortlisted vendors.
Solicitation Outreach Meeting: Prior to posting the solicitation documents, a virtual online Outreach Event will be held to share information about this upcoming project and to solicit potential bidders to provide feedback regarding the solicitation approach and schedule on December 16, 2020 at 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM EST.
The Project Scope requires the use of Contractors approved by Pepco to build around energized lines/cables for construction of the following:
• New high voltage duct bank along Independence Ave SW (5,000 Linear Feet), between West Potomac Park and 14th ST NW.
• Trenchless crossing of Independence Ave SW (150 Linear Feet).
• New duct bank at Combined Sewer Outfall (CSO) 020 (300 Linear Feet), northwest of the Lincoln Memorial and west of 23rd ST NW.
• New duct bank at CSO 022 (500 Linear Feet), west of Rock Creek and Potomac Pkwy NW, near the Watergate.
• New duct bank at CSO 024 (100 Linear Feet), near the intersection of 30th ST NW and K ST NW.
• New duct bank at CSO 027 (200 Linear Feet), near the intersection of Potomac ST NW and K ST NW.
• New duct bank at CSO 028 (50 Linear Feet) and Pole, near the terminal end of Water ST NW, west of the Alexandria Aqueduct Ruins.
• New duct bank at CSO 029 (700 Linear Feet), at Georgetown University, near the Canal RD NW entrance.
Estimated Contract Cost / Duration: $9M to $11M / 18 months
Responses for this project will be procured in the open market and the contract will be subject to the DC Water Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and Woman Business Enterprise (DBE/WBE) Program. Specific utilization goals for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises and Women Business Enterprises will be established for this project. For more information on the DBE/WBE Program, including the outreach requirements, please visit DC Water’s Business Diversity and Inclusion webpage: https://www.dcwater.com/business-development-plan.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 202-753-6714,,197367445# United States, Washington DC
Phone Conference ID: 197 367 445#
Find a local number | Reset PIN
Learn More | Meeting options
This is not a solicitation. Do not respond to this document.