Work With Us
Contract Opportunity Forum
Back To Solicitations
Back To Solicitations
||THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
WATER AND SEWER AUTHORITY
5000 Overlook Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20032-5397
REQUEST FOR BIDS
Invitation No. 050210
Lead Service Replacements 8 and Miscellaneous
Water & Sewer Work
This project includes the following items:
· 2,000 Test Pits;
· 16,000 lineal feet of Water Service Line Replacement within Public Space and Private Property to be conducted as one mobilization per address;
· 43,000 lineal feet of Water Service Line Replacement within Public Space only;
· 1,000 lineal feet of Water Service Line Replacement on Private Property only;
· Additional Excavation required for 1,000 lineal feet of Water Service Line Replacement on Private Property for depths greater than 10 feet below grade;
· Penetration through Building Wall and Connection to First Fitting inside the Building including up to 5 feet of piping, installation of a new shut-off valve and pressure reducing valve for 450 addresses;
· 1,800 Meter Box installations;
· 1,800 Curb Stop/Curb Stop Box installations;
· 5 Fire Hydrant Replacements;
· 5 12-inch or Smaller Valve Replacements;
· 560 lineal feet of TV Inspection of Building Sewers through Cleanouts;
· 280 lineal feet of Light Cleaning of Building Sewers;
· 196 lineal feet of Replacement or Extending/Reconnecting Building Sewer Connections;
· 95 vertical feet of Building Sewer Cleanouts;
· 1 Street Sewer Wye or Thimble installation;
· 2 Point Repairs of Building Sewers;
· 8,000 square yards of Repair/Replace PCC Base or PCC Pavement;
· 100,000 square yards of Asphalt Mill and Overlay;
· 3,500 square yards of 2-inch Asphalt Overlay;
· 2,500 square yards of Repair / Replace PCC Sidewalk; and
· 5,000 square yards of Repair / Replace Brick, Pavers, Flagstone, etc. Sidewalk.
The bid prices received will be used to establish the lowest bid price and to establish the unit prices to be used.
The value of the Contract shall Not Exceed $14,000,000.
The project requires completion within 365 consecutive calendar days.
DCWASA Owner Controlled Insurance Program will provide insurance.
Bid Opening Date is July 13, 2005 at 2:00 PM
Bid Documents are available June 20, 2005 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at the Department of Procurement Services, 5000 Overlook Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20032. Sets of Bidding Documents can be procured for a non-refundable $50 purchase price each, payable to DC Water and Sewer Authority. Payment must be in the form of a money order, certified check or a company check. Documents can be shipped to Bidders providing a Federal Express account number.
The DC WASA Blue Plains Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant is a secured facility. Persons intending to pick-up Bidding Documents are to contact the Department of Procurement at 202 787 2020 for access authorization.
This project is to be funded in part by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and is to be advertised in the open market. A Fair Share Objective for Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises participation in this work has been established. The program requirements are fully defined in USEPA’s “Guidance for Utilization of Small, Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises in Procurement Under Assistance Agreements –6010, 1997 Edition”.
The Davis-Bacon wage determinations shall apply.
This project is located at various sites in Washington D.C.
For procurement information contact Ms. Esther Butler; email firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX 202 787 2042, (voice 202 787 2036) or Ms. Faye White; email email@example.com FAX 202.787.2042, (voice 202.787.2035)
For technical information contact Steven G. Hamburger
email Steven_Hamburger@DCWASA.com, FAX 202 787 2453, (voice 202 787 2346).
View DC WASA current and up coming solicitations on WASA’s website at www.dcwasa.com
||Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Minority Business Enterprise
Small Business Enterprise
Women Business Enterprise
|GM Award/Execute Date:
|BOD Award/Execute Date:
- not specified -
||CAPITAL PAVING OF DC INC