Work With Us
Contract Opportunity Forum
Back To Solicitations
Back To Solicitations
||Tuesday September 17, 2002
Request for Advertisement
Invitation No. 010140
Secondary Treatment Facilities Upgrade, Phase 2
This project includes the following items:
· Refurbishment of 11 Stair Headhouses and 3 Electrical Buildings.
· Refurbishment of Secondary Control Building including replacement laboratory.
· Refurbishment of Secondary Blower Building including secondary blowers.
· Structural rehabilitation of plant piping galleries.
· Refurbishment of Secondary Reactors 1 though 6 and the associated channels.
· Refurbishment of Secondary Sedimentation Basins 1 though 12.
· Replacement of the air diffusers in the Secondary Sedimentation Basin
· Relocation of equipment, replacement valves, piping, sluice gates, controls, and associated electrical work.
· HVAC and plumbing refurbishment in buildings, galleries, and tunnels.
· Ancillary electrical and instrumentation improvements.
The project requires completion within 1923 consecutive calendar days.
This project is estimated to cost between $30,000,000 and $35,000,000.
Bid Documents are available at the Procurement/Materiel Management Department, 5000 Overlook Avenue, SW, 2nd Floor, Washington, D.C. 20032. Between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. Sets of Bidding Documents can be procured for a non-refundable $200 purchase price each, payable to DC Water and Sewer Authority. Payment must be in the form of a money order, certified check or a company check. Documents can be shipped to Bidders providing a Federal Express account number.
Bids are due October 16,2002 at 2:00PM
The DC WASA Blue Plains Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant is a secured facility. Persons intending to pick-up Bidding Documents are to contact the Department of Procurement at (202) 787-2020 for access authorization.
This project is to be funded in part by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and is to be advertised in the open market. A Fair Share Objective for Minority and Women's Business Enterprises participation in this work of 30% and 5%, respectively, has been established. The program requirements are fully defined in USEPA's 'Guidance for Utilization of Small, Minority and Women's Business Enterprises in Procurement Under Assistance Agreements -6010, 1997 Edition'.
This solicitation will be advertised in the open market.
The Davis-Bacon wage determinations shall apply.
This project is located at the Blue Plains Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant in Washington D.C.
For procurement information contact Ms. Esther Butler -- email email@example.com, FAX (202) 787-2042, voice (202) 787-2036; Mrs. Linda Washington -- email firstname.lastname@example.org, FAX (202) 787-2042), voice (202) 787-2034. For technical information contact Steven G. Hamburger -- email Steven_Hamburger@DCWASA.com, FAX (202) 787-2453, voice (202) 787-2346.
|GM Award/Execute Date:
|BOD Award/Execute Date:
- not specified -