Contract Opportunity Forum
To access the Vendor Portal, view details of upcoming, current,
and awarded solicitations from DC Water and create your own profile,
you must register your company.
Register with Vendor Portal:
- Click on the "Register" link found on the Vendor Portal Login form to access the Vendor Portal Registration Form.
- Fill out the first page of the form which request general
information about your company (required fields are marked by
a red asterisk *) and click
the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form.
Please note that if you select the check box indicating that
you are certified as a Minority Business Enterprise, you must
also indicate your Minority Business Certification Number.
- Depending on the type of business (Goods and Services,
Construction, Architecture and Engineering) that you choose
in the first form, the form on the next page will allow you
to select which commodity service codes or contracting areas
applicable to your company.
Your responses will allow you to receive, in certain instances, e-mail notifications for new solicitations that correspond to the chosen commodity service codes or contracting areas. Click the "Submit" button after selecting all the appropriate commodity codes and/or contracting areas.
- If your company provides Goods and Services, you can select the applicable commodity service codes by clicking on it in the listing with your mouse. If you want to select multiple codes, hold down the "Ctrl" key ("Command" key for Macs) while clicking on the codes.
- If your company provides Architecture and Engineering or Construction services, you may select areas in General Contracting and Sub Categories for General Contracting by selecting the appropriate check boxes.
- When you have finished, the next step is to a preview page and verify the information. If any information needs to be changed, there are links that will take you back to the appropriate page ("click to change your registration information" and "click to change your commodity codes or contracting areas").
- Click on the "Finish Registration" button to complete the process.
- A confirmation page will inform you of a successful registration to the Vendor Portal. This page will also contain a link to the Login screen. Enter your username and password to access the Vendor Portal.
- Please click here for Vendor Information Requirements
Ready to register? Get started!
Log In and Create profile:
Once your company is registered, you may create a profile of solicitations that you would like to monitor.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click the "Enter Vendor Portal" button.
- You will then see your profile (it's empty until you add solicitations).
About your profile:
See sample Vendor profile.
- The first time you log in, your profile will be empty.
At the top right-hand corner of your profile are helpful links to manage your account:
- update profile - update the information you entered on the registration form
- update SIC/category areas - edit the list of products and services yo can provide to DC Water
- help - user guide for vendors
- logout - log out of the Vendor Portal
- Another set of links, located on the first line of the main section of your profile and which appears after the word "view:", are filters that allow you to see solicitation announcements (that were added to your profile) by type. These filters may be used as your profile becomes larger.
- all areas - view all solicitations that were added to your profile. This is the default view.
- goods and services - view only goods and services solicitations that were added to your profile.
- architecture and engineering - view only architecture and engineering solicitations that were added to your profile.
- construction - view only construction solicitations that were added to your profile.
- The main section of your profile lists the solicitation announcements that were added to your profile. It is divided by the following phases for solicitations:
- Upcoming Solicitations - pending solicitations that are not yet active. The announcements contain only basic information, which may include the name, a short description and estimated release date of the solicitation.
- Current Solicitations - solicitations that have been released to the public. Depending on the bid opening date/close date, the solicitation could be "Open" or "Closed - Pending Award".
- Awarded Solicitations - recently awarded solicitations, identifying basic information about the contract award, such as vendor name, date of award, value of award, etc.
- For Requests for Quotations, there are only two phases:
- Current Requests for Quotations (RFQ) - RFQs that have been released for small procurements. Depending on the bid opening date/close date, the solicitation could be "Open" or "Closed - Pending Award".
- Awarded Requests for Quotations (RFQ) - recently awarded small procurements, identifying basic information about the award, such as vendor name, date of award, value of award, etc.
- In each phase, there's a "View all phase solicitations" link, which allows you to see all the DC Water solicitations by phase.
Creating your profile:
- Click on the "View all phase solicitations" link on either the Upcoming or Current Solicitations phase, depending on the solicitations you choose to add to your profile. Please note that there is also a "View all Awarded Solicitations" link but it only allows you to view all awarded solicitations and remove awarded solicitations from your profile. It will not allow you to add already awarded solicitations into your profile.
- When you go into the "View all phase solicitations" page, a set of links (appearing after the word "view") are provided at the top of the page to help you filter the list of solicitation announcements either by type (goods and services, architecture and engineering, or construction) or by your company's self assigned commodity codes. The default view is "all areas", which provides all solicitation announcements in that phase.
- If you identify an upcoming or current solicitation that is not in your profile, you can add it by clicking on the "Add" link, located under the "In My profile" column.
- You can also click on the upcoming, current, or awarded solicitation to see the details. From the solicitation details page of upcoming or current solicitations you may also choose to add the solicitation to your profile by clicking on the "add to profile" link that is on the top of that page.
- Similarly, if the upcoming, current, or awarded solicitation listed is already in your profile, you can remove it clicking on the "Remove" link. If you are viewing details of the solicitation, you can remove it from your profile by clicking on the "remove from profile" link.
- To go back to your profile, select the "back to your profile" link found on the upper right of the "View all phase solicitation" page.
Ready to register? Get started!